Microsoft released a free version of its collaboration tool Microsoft Teams in July and many have said this free version will rival Slack.
“If there was any doubt that Microsoft sees Slack as a primary competitor, that should be put to rest today,” said a recent article at GeekWire.com
According to Microsoft, the Teams free version includes:
- Supports 300 users
- Unlimited chat messages and search.
- Built-in audio and video calling for individuals, groups, and full team meetups.
- 10 GB of team file storage plus additional 2 GB per person for personal storage.
- Integrated, real-time content creation with Office Online apps, including built-in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
- Unlimited app integrations with 140+ business apps to choose from—including Adobe, Evernote, and Trello.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with anyone inside or outside your organization, backed by Microsoft’s secure, global infrastructure.