Progressus Advanced Projects 10.4.0.3 release is now available and includes a variety of enhancements.
The new release includes application enhancements to expand the robust functionality available to professional services and project-based businesses.
The August release contains enhancements to Billing and Budget.
- Have pre-defined Subscription Periods for Subscription Orders (example: monthly, quarterly, etc.). Being able to select the Subscription Period from a list will reduce the risk of incorrectly set periods:
- Period field is added to Subscription Order > Lines page. The Period field specifies the selected period for the Subscription.
- Order Type drop-down field is added to the Subscription Order header. The value is selected from a list of Subscription Order Types, each having a Code and a Description, similar to Project Categories.
- Order Description field is added to the Subscription Order header. Order Description is a text field of length 100 where information about the Subscription Order can be added.
- Ref. Link field is added to Subscription Order > Lines page. The Ref. Link on each line in the Subscription Order is a text field that displays the URL to an external document. Clicking the link opens the URL. The link can be edited using the Edit Ref. Link action, found under Lines > Manage > Edit Ref. Link.
- Billing Type field is added to Subscription Order header. The Billing Type field will control the dates for Subscription billing. There are two options:
- Advance: Lines will be billed in advance. Advance will be the default and work as Subscription billing has in the past. Active lines with a Next Date equal to or earlier than
the Until Date limit, set in Batch Post Subscription Orders, will be posted.
- Arrears: Lines will be billed in arrears. Active lines with a Next Date plus the period length, equal to or earlier than the Until Date limit, set in Batch Post Subscription Orders,
will be posted.
- Customers have the need to create Planning Lines from Budget Entries. Customers have requested the option to determine which Budget Entry Lines load into the Planning
Lines. Prior to the enhancement, all Budget Entries were loaded and synched with Planning Lines when the Copy and Update Project Planning Lines process was run.
- The following features have been added to the synchronization between Planning Lines and Budget Entries:
- 1. Users can select a single Budget Entry or multiple Budget Entries to load/synchronize by using Select More.
- 2. Added a new Delete Unlinked Project Planning Lines button that allows the user to delete Planning Lines that no longer have Budget Entries associated with them. The Planning Lines with a Purchase Order or Sales Order created will not be removed.
- 3. No other existing synchronization functionality was changed related to Budget Entries and Planning Lines.
Additional Enhancements and Bug Fixes
This release also includes bug fixes to Budjet, Contracts, Expense, Hour Bank, Journals, and Reports.
The Progressus release is available for download on AppSource.
Advanced Projects by Progressus integrates directly with Dynamics 365 Business Central, delivering an integrated solution for the professional services industry, addressing industry requirements with project management, billing, and inventory management functionalities.
Advanced Projects is a single, cloud-based solution that provides what professional services companies need, including robust business management functionality such as financial management and customer relationship management (CRM) functionality. Professional Services companies now get the advanced tools and insights they need to beat the competition, drive excellence in strategic planning, sales and marketing, operations, and finance, leveraging Microsoft’s cloud platform.
If you’re interested in learning more, please reach out to the experts at Stratos Cloud Alliance.